Friday 31 December 2010

For one night only...

Since having Felix I really have noticed that my fashion spending has dropped off a cliff.  This could be due to a number of factors:
  • Lack of time
  • Lack of cash
  • Lack of decent shops in Hastings (sorry folks, I love this place but I could do with a House of Fraser!)
Oh and of course...
  • Lack of a size 12 anymore
As a result, it's New Years Eve, we've got some folks coming round and I don't have a New Years outfit.     Well, correction, I DIDN'T have a New Years outfit until 10 minutes ago when I had a brainwave. I found an old pair of straight jeans in the wardrobe that still fit, turned them inside out and shoved them (literally) through the sewing machine running a seam all the way up the inside leg.  And now....

A new pair of Skinny's - woohoo!  Found a sparkly top and I'm all set! (sorry for the snap, the gorgeous James is still asleep!)


Now I don't recommend this really, as I've got a big chunk of denim seam rubbing my inside thigh and they probably won't last too long (plus those of you with dress-making skills will be cringing at my slap-dash approach) but for one night only - I am queen of the skinny jean!

Anyway, happy New Year one and all - I hope to be doing a lot more blogging in 2011, inspired by Felix of course, and also the fabulous stash that I was given for Christmas.


Marvellous Liberty fabrics from my stylish Aunty Jane, a whole new set of threads from my Mum and Dad, and James actually found his own way to http://www.fabricrehab.com/ and ordered me a fantastic bundle of joy plus some other fat quarters I shall have lots of fun with. Big love to you all :D

x

No comments:

Post a Comment