Sunday 23 January 2011

Patchwork dog and basket

Had a super day out on Friday in Lewes (East Sussex).  Good food, good company (mother-in-law and Felix!) and good fabric!   Seriously, it's a lovely town with lots of independent shops including the most marvellous patchwork and quilting shop. I'd already spotted "The Patchwork dog and basket" in a magazine before we went there so we hunted it down in a lovely crafty/antique centre called the Needlemakers.  They have everything, from the modern fabrics I love to use, to more traditional quilting cottons, plus polka spots in a rainbow of colours and a great sale section.   Sue obligingly entertained Felix so I could have a proper nose around and I left the building a very happy girl....

Three sales fabrics that I have no idea what I'm going to do with, but I couldn't resist:



Two Michael Miller prints that caught my eye, bikes and dogs - love it!



Toadstools



This gorgeous flower print that would actually make a lovely top


and, last but by no means least, a Moda fabric from the Basicgrey range - this is printed like the lines of an old exercise book and I'm just itching to print onto it  (scan is not doing this one justice I'm afraid!)


Oh, and to top it all, the fabric came in this stylish recycled newspaper bag - felt like I'd got a free gift!



It's not been all buying and no making - I've finally finished the table runner I mentioned in an earlier post (hand binding that was a labour of love!) but the picture will have to wait until there's better light!  Instead I leave you with an image of Jane's garden room with my cushions in situ - fortunately she likes them!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment